What is Bachelor in Business Administration in Computer Applications?
Aim of the course
A course created and designed to upskill computer science, students, into management professionals. To help them prepare to face the myriad challenges and opportunities in the IT industry and build competence in the business industry.
The most significant subjects in the curriculum are Computer Mathematics, Computer Networking, Software Engineering, Software Testing, and Programming languages. It is designed for students interested in the IT industry who are passionate about understanding diverse computer programming languages such as JAVA, C, C++, Oracle, Python, network systems, data structures, and more. Students have a first-hand opportunity to experience the essentials of web designing, different accounting packages, etc.
Period of the course
It is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course that helps the students gain advanced knowledge of a broad range of computer applications & development as per the industry.
Eligibility to Enroll in the BBA Computer Application course
The standard eligibility criteria to enroll in a BBA Computer application course:
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in any stream from an acknowledged board with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- The relaxation on marks available for SC/ST candidates is 45%.
Details of Entrance Examination for BBA Computer Application course
BBA Computer application course examination is conducted at both national and state levels. Following is the list of some of these popular BBA Computer Application entrance exams.
- SET: SET is a popular national-level examination conducted by Symbiosis University. A combined entrance exam is carried out for admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by Symbiosis University.
- IPU CET: IPU CET is a university-level entrance test that is carried out by Indraprastha University for admission to various UG and PG courses at IP University.
Admission to the BBA Computer application course
Admission shall be based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exams or based on their undertaking in the Class 12 examination.
Admission process based on Merit
In the case of merit-based admissions
- The candidate needs to apply to the colleges or universities they wish to pursue admission.
- A healthy score in Class 12 exams is very important.
- Check the merit list published.
- If qualified, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
Admission Process based on Entrance
- All the candidates must register themselves online by visiting the official website.
- The next step is to fill up the BBA application form with all the essential details.
- Then upload the relevant documents. Candidates must scan and upload all the required documents, like their relevant mark sheets, as per the requirement mentioned. All the documents must be uploaded in a specifically mentioned format specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Then, pay the application fee.
- Next, download & print your admit card for the examination day.
The results for eligibility in the examination shall be out within a couple of weeks before the exam day. If a candidate passes all eligibility criteria, then he is qualified for the entrance examinations. The major entrance exams conducted for this purpose are SET, IPU CET, etc. Also, counseling is held for students who have passed the entrance examinations. With that, students get admitted to the BBA Computer Applications course.
What is the scope of BBA in Computer Applications?
BBA in computer applications opens up plenty of prospective career options such as:
1. Job roles in major fields, like the IT industry, banking sector, business firms, central services, defense, and more. Candidates get an opportunity to work with top-rated organizations such as Infosys, Wipro, Capgemini, Accenture, Bajaj, Capital, HCL Technologies, L&T, IBM, Aon Hewitt, etc.
2. Working opportunities as a software developer, system programmer, web designer, technical support engineer, network administrator, network analyst, sales executive, test engineer, etc.
3. To work as an assistant professor or assistant researcher in any reputable university or acknowledged research laboratory.
Average earning Capacity for BBA Computer Application Jobs
With the candidate’s experience and expertise, the graduates can earn an average annual salary between ₹2,00,000 – ₹10,00,000 per annum.
Thus, understanding the salary you can get with a BBA in computer application degree will assist you to choose the potential of the course.
- At entry level, the candidate can earn & start with a 2 lakhs package
- At mid-level, the candidate can earn ₹6 lakhs
- At top-level, the candidate can earn ₹10 lakhs
If integrated with more education and courses, candidates can earn a higher salary than the figures mentioned.
Once the candidate has graduated with a BBA Computer Application course, he/she can opt for higher studies like MBA, MCA, PGDM, etc.
Planning to pursue BBA in Computer Application from any reputable college in India?
Then let’s summarize the steps to get in.
- As we know, most of the institutes offer admission to this course based on the-
- Entrance exam score
- Personal interview round or counseling session (where the college admission authority reviews candidates’ general aptitude).
So, to secure your admission, you need to do well in both the entrance test and the interview round.
- Another way is direct admission to this course based on the candidate’s merit at the 10+2 level or qualifying examination. Make sure you secure at least 50% marks at the 10+2 standard.
- To be updated and gather all important details related to the course curriculum offered by the college. Bookmark the college’s official website or get a clear-cut idea by contacting their alumni for applying there.
- Make sure you know the average placement CTC offered by the college in the past few academic years.
- Stay updated regarding the deadline; otherwise, the college authority may reject your application.
I hope you are thorough with all you need to know about BBA in Computer Applications. You can also check out Sunstone for more details. You can avail of Sunstone’s benefits such as:
- Industry-aligned training modules
- 100% placement support
- 100% job-oriented bootcamps & many more
If you are not ready, they help you BE READY!